The Stakeholder Alliance Group supports the industry by bringing key public/private partnerships together to create the conditions for sustained economic growth
This will be achieved by all stakeholders working together in a coordinated way to provide the best landscape for industry to flourish.
- Understanding the market conditions, gaps and requirements.
- Supporting and optimizing local supply chains to deliver effectively for the growing nuclear sector.
- Provision of high quality vocational skills & training to meet the employment needs of the sector.
- Delivering world-class research, development & innovation to secure the South West’s future as a nuclear industry lead in key specialisms.
- Promoting the South West’s nuclear inward investment opportunities.
In delivering this we will ensure that all stakeholders;
- Commit to a shared strategic vision
- Support delivery of activity that is reactive and proactive to meet the needs of the nuclear industry in the short, medium and long term
- Collaborate to innovate
- Have influence with Government and other policy makers
- Lever in resource
- Communicate, communicate, communicate!
Recent progress includes:
- An agreed strategy for development of the cluster signed off by three LEPs, paving the way for significant investment opportunities.
- The appointment of Matt Burley, Global Nuclear Development Manager with Atkins, as Chair of Nuclear South West.
- A large presence at the World Nuclear Event in Paris, where contacts were made with over 70 overseas businesses looking to collaborate with SW based SMEs.
- A high profile parliamentary event held to raise the profile of the South West as a centre of excellence for the nuclear sector.
- Collaborations formed with overseas Nuclear Clusters.
- Heart of the South West LEP collaborating with West of England LEP to invest in an HPC Supply Chain support service.
- Heart of the South West LEP investing in the Hinkley Point Training Agency, a ground breaking and innovative approach to delivering the skills requirement to ensure that local people gain jobs on the project.
- Three LEP collaboration together with a number of Local Authorities to ensure that inward investment opportunities are maximised.
- All three of the Heart of the South West LEP's Higher Education Institutions becoming partners in the delivery of a SW Nuclear Hub, led by the University of Bristol.
JOIN THE NETWORK
The industry network exists to help businesses like yours. Join today to reap the benefits of connecting with other businesses and raising your profile.
KEEP IN TOUCH
Keep up to date with all the news and events of the region by signing up to receive the Nuclear South West newsletter.