The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy is to invest up to £5 million in projects to develop innovative manufacturing and materials technologies for the civil nuclear sector.
The aim of this competition is to establish an innovative R&D base for materials and manufacturing that will support a strong UK nuclear supply chain.
Proposals should address one of the following themes:
- Nuclear structural materials (£1.5 million);
- Mechanisation and automation of component manufacture (£1.9 million);
- Large scale component manufacture and assembly (£1.1 million);
- Pre-fabricated module development and verification (£200,000); and
- Design codes and standards (£300,000).
The competition opened on 7 November, registration must be completed by 11 January and applications submitted by 18 January 2017. Register your interest on the competition web site.