On Tuesday, close to 100 people from businesses from all aspects of the nuclear industry gathered in Bristol to hear about opportunities in and support for the nuclear industry in the South West.
Kicked off by a key note from Tom Greatrex, Chief Executive of the Nuclear Industry Association, the event included speakers from EDF Energy, the Ministry of Defence, James Fisher Nuclear, Costain, Hydrock, Waldeck Consulting, Somerset County Council and Local Enterprise Partnership, National College for Nuclear, Bridgwater and Taunton College, Hinkley Supply Chain Team, APEC, Women in Nuclear and South West Nuclear Hub.
See list of presentations below.
- Nuclear industry economic impact and legacy
- The Submarine Enterprise and its Enabling Supply Chain
- National College for Nuclear - Skills for the future
- Experience at Hinkley Point C: building Information Modelling (bIM) & Enterprise Lifecycle Management Solutions
- James Fisher Nuclear and the SGHWR project
- Research for the future – SW Nuclear Hub and University of Bristol
- Costain – Digital and nuclear
- Hinkey Supply Chain and Somerset Energy Innovation Centre – Support for SMEs Accessing the Supply Chain
- Women in Nuclear
- Apprenticeships in action – what does the levy mean for you?